Compliance & Investigations
We are aware of the growing importance of compliance and internal investigations for clients across the region. This is why we launched a dedicated Compliance & Investigations practice group covering a wide range of areas, from AML and anti-corruption to consumer protection and competition, and from data privacy and employment law, environmental law, or white-collar criminality matters.
Our multi-disciplinary practice is familiar with the regulatory framework and enforcement trends across the region. As a result, it can efficiently leverage its experience in dealing with the local regulatory, antitrust, or criminal authorities.
The team offers a full range of cross-border services to meet all our clients’ needs, from implementing the EU whistleblowing directive and creating tailored compliance programs to investigate violations and other incidents and representation of clients before administrative bodies and civil and criminal courts. We also assist international clients with investigations of compliance with the U.S. (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), U.K. (Bribery Act 2010), or French (Loi Sapin II) legislation. Overall, we help our clients achieve better risk management, foster a stronger compliance culture, obtain certification, e.g., for their compliance or anti-corruption management systems, or mitigate the consequences of incidents.
A significant added value of our law firms is extensive experience with criminal law and criminal procedure. We apply it to draft pre-emptive measures (such as preparing a compliance program that prevents criminal liability on the company’s part) dealing with consequences compliance-related incidents.
Services we can offer:
- Carrying out a risk analysis of the client’s internal and external environment
- Preparing, implementing, and evaluating internal policies, guidelines, and other internal documents
- Advising in public regulations in the area of AML, anti-corruption, competition, consumer protection, data protection, employment, environmental, as well as sector regulations (g., energy or telecommunications)
- Organising compliance programs for companies, including face-to-face and online training sessions for staff and management, compliance handbooks, or e-learning tools
- Providing support via dedicated “dawn-raid” teams for assistance during both planned and unexpected inspections from regulatory and law enforcement authorities
Implementing and managing whistleblowing channels for reporting of compliance-related incidents
- Managing internal investigations of reported incidents, including forensics review of documents, including the possibility of exercising the function of Compliance Officer
- Representing in civil and criminal proceedings resulting from incidents or internal investigation
All our services are provided for domestic, cross-border, and overseas projects and procedures.
If you are interested in our Complicance & Investigation group, please contact the team leader.